Simple Steps To Sight Reading Volume 1
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Simple Steps To Sight Reading Course?
Simple Steps To Sight Reading is the ultimate guide to reading music on bass guitar. It is a multimedia course using a combination of video lessons, PDF workbooks and MP3 backing tracks to provide the most comprehensive, step-by-step approach to sight reading available today.
What level of player is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at any player from beginner to advanced level. Many advanced bass players are lacking in this very specialized area of playing so the number of playing years and experience is irrelevant. If you cannot read music – you cannot read music and this course serves to take you from the absolute basics of reading through to an advanced professional level whatever your standard.
What Will I Learn?
After completing Level 1 you will have acquired an understanding of the following areas of reading music
- The basics of written music notation
- Complete familiarity and the ability to read every note in the first position of the fretboard. Natural, sharps and flats.
- All rhythms from whole note through to quarter notes including rests and ties
- The Cycle Of Fifths and how to read Key Signatures
- The specific keys G Major and F Major.
- Many common symbols used in written music from the basic Clef and Time Signature markings through to Dynamics and Coda signs.
How Long Are The Lessons?
The lesson lengths vary but each level and pack will be many hours in length, providing many weeks, months or even years of practice.
How is the course presented? Do I Download Anything?
The course is hosted on the Talkingbass website so there are no video files to download. There is a lesson material zip file containing all of the course material arranged in appropriate folders.