Bassic Fundamentals Course
Take The Next Step On Your Bass Journey
A Massive 10 Hours Of Lessons Covering Every Area Of Playing
‘I purchased Bassic Fundamentals shortly after picking up the instrument. 6 months after starting the course, I went to an audition, got the gig and played my first bass gig!’ Mark Mahoney – USA
‘Bassic Fundamentals gave me a good starting point for practicing different techniques. I really like the clear didactic concept of the course.’ Alexander Fuchs – Germany
‘The lessons are structured, comprehensive, exhaustive and covers most basic areas of bass guitar. Thank you Mark and Talkingbass in your quest to educate students on their bass journey.’ Najib – Malaysia
‘I play in church most weeks and wouldn’t have got anywhere near the level I’m at without these lessons.’ Rob P. – Australia
Check out more reviews of the course in the Reviews tab above!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Bassic Fundamentals Course?
The Bassic Fundamentals Course is designed to provide a complete core foundation of bass guitar skills and musical knowledge. The course is split into four modules, each one covering a different general topic and set of goals.
What level of player is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at any player from beginner to intermediate level although even advanced players might benefit from certain aspects of the course. It’s always good to go back over the fundamentals.
What Will I Learn?
The 48 lessons are split into 4 distinct modules and each module addresses a different range of topics that are listed in the lesson rundown below. However as a brief overview, after finishing the course you will have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- A solid bass technique in both hands. This covers both fingerpicking and other styles such as slapping.
- An understanding of how to create basslines and lock in with a drummer
- The ability to tune, re-string and setup the relief, action and intonation of a bass guitar.
- An understanding of the basics of music theory and how it can be applied to the bass.
- A greater familiarity of the notes all over the fretboard
- An introduction to sight reading music and reading chord charts
- A detailed understanding of bass tone and effects pedals
- A set of essential tips on playing in a band and learning songs
- A solid and comprehensive approach to practice using the R.A.I.S.E concept
How Long Are The Lessons?
The lesson length’s vary but the complete course is over 10 hours in length.
How is the course presented? Do I Download Anything?
The course is hosted on the Talkingbass website so there are no video files to download. There is a lesson material zip file for each module containing a Course Workbook and any relevant practice tracks.