Talkingbass Starter Pack
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Talkingbass Starter Pack?
The Talkingbass Starter Pack combines the Beginner’s Course and the Bassic Fundamentals Course into one discounted purchase. This is the perfect solution for the beginning bass player looking to get serious about the instrument right from the start!
What are the Starter Pack Courses?
- The Beginner’s Course is a progressive, eight lesson, step-by-step guide to getting starting on the bass guitar.
- The Bassic Fundamentals Course is designed to provide a complete core foundation of bass guitar skills and musical knowledge. The course is split into four modules, each one covering a different general topic and set of goals.
What level of player is the course aimed at?
The Starter Pack is aimed at absolute beginners to the bass guitar but provides material all the way up to intermediate level.
What Will I Learn?
In the Beginners Course you will learn all the basic skills required to get started on the road to becoming a well-rounded bass player. You’ll learn how to hold the bass, tune the bass, learn the notes on the fretboard, fingerpicking techniques, plectrum technique and you’ll also receive important tips on what and how to practice as you develop your skills.
The Bassic Fundamentals course continues on from the Beginner’s Course. The 48 lessons are split into 4 distinct modules and each module addresses a different range of topics that are listed in the lesson rundown below. However as a brief overview, after finishing the course you will have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- A solid bass technique in both hands. This covers both fingerpicking and other styles such as slapping.
- An understanding of how to create basslines and lock in with a drummer
- The ability to tune, re-string and setup the relief, action and intonation of a bass guitar.
- An understanding of the basics of music theory and how it can be applied to the bass.
- A greater familiarity of the notes all over the fretboard
- An introduction to sight reading music and reading chord charts
- A detailed understanding of bass tone and effects pedals
- A set of essential tips on playing in a band and learning songs
- A solid and comprehensive approach to practice using the R.A.I.S.E concept
How Long Are The Lessons?
The lesson length’s vary but both courses come to a combined total of almost 16 hours.
How is the course presented? Do I Download Anything?
The course is hosted on the Talkingbass website so there are no video files to download. There is a lesson material zip file for each module containing a Course Workbook and any relevant practice tracks.